Driving home tonight, with the car radio tuned to KUHF, I heard the announcer cue up the next piece--The Firebird Suite. This performance was by the orchestra from the Moores School of Music at the University of Houston. Well, rush hour traffic is not the best setting for close listening. I did the best I could, under the circumstances, and made it home as the piece came to a close. I also managed to phone Mars, on the road and listening to the baseball game. "This one's worth double points," I announced, "because it's Stravinsky and the conductor's your favorite." The Astros were doing well too. And a full moon. Very auspicious.
When: Thursday, 9/27/07, 7:11 PM
Who: University of Houston Moores School of Music Symphony Orchestra, Franz Anton Krager, cond.
Where: KUHF 88.7
Program: STRAVINSKY: The Firebird Suite (1945 version); recorded in concert 27 April 2007.
Source: KUHF Program Schedule, 9/27/07
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment