Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2. Pulcinella Suite

Monday night, as I was settling in at home for the evening, I heard the Pittsburgh Symphony was performing the Pulchinella Suite on that evenings' (re)broadcast on KUHF. I called Mars to alert her to this opportunity. She could hear music playing in the background. "That't not Stravinsky," she said. "It sounds like Bach!" (Good ear, that one!) "No, not yet," I said. "I was calling to let you know it's coming on later . . . " "Good," she said, "I was watching the Astros on TV and they're loosing."

When: Monday, 7/9/07, 9 pm
Who: Pittsburgh Symphony
Where: KUHF 88.7
Program: BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major. STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella Suite. BRAHMS: Serenade No. 2 in A Major and Sextet No. 1 in B-flat Major. Pinchas Zukerman, conductor/violin/viola.
Source: KUHF program calendar 7/9/07

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

next tuesday night july 24, 2007 9 pm...kuhf
Minnesota Orchestra. Osmo Vänskä, cond. Noriko Ogawa, piano. STRAVINSKY: Suite from Pulcinella. PROKOFIEV: Piano Concerto No.3. TCHAIKOVSKY: Selections from Swan Lake.

this isn't going to help us, is it? duplication. i can watch the 'stros.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I got a voicemail from you on my cell because I was working my night, so I got in my car and checked the 'stros score on 740 before I turned on kuhf...(admission) and then I called you back...

Kel said...

And ANOTHER ONE! See my post for today, June 23rd. But I'll try to catch the one tomorrow and we can do a taste test--who's was better?